2020 was a year of drastic change, with many of us finding ourselves having to adapt to the changes in our lives as a result of Covid-19. These included changing where and how we worked, how we interacted with our friends and family, and even how we ate. In spite of all this, it’s heartening to note that we had the capacity for change, for learning and for adapting, mostly for the better!

In this post, we’ll go through the key milestones that SmartUp users achieved in 2020.

Downloads and User Accounts

In 2020, there were more than 36,000 new mobile app downloads. Of these downloads, 44.5% consisted of iOS users and the remaining 55.5% of users were Android users.

We also reached more than a quarter-million active user accounts on the SmartUp platform and we are really excited to have these users continue to learn with us.

Time Spent Learning and Trending Topics

SmartUp users spent more than 230,000 hours learning on our platform. Although the range of content consumed spanned a wide variety of topics, we couldn’t help but notice the trending topics.

Our learning data shows that despite the challenges faced by many of us, our learners took the time to place their self-improvement centre stage. This shows that given the right opportunity and accessibility, everyone has the capacity and intention to better and improve themselves.

Platform Engagement

At SmartUp, we have always prided ourselves on how easy-to-use and engaging our platform is. In 2020, our highest content completion rate within a community was 88.5%, which means that almost 9 out of 10 pieces of content started were completed by users within the community.

User Consumption Trends

The majority of the platform interaction by SmartUp users occurred on Wednesdays and Thursdays, peaking at 9 am and between 1 – 5 pm. This indicates that our users start their day with learning and continuously learn throughout the day, possibly as a quick break from their day-to-day work.

We are also heartened to see that users continue to consume microlearning content outside of office hours, even on weekends!

Looking ahead, the team is excited to see what’s in store for 2021. If you want to find out more about how SmartUp can support your training and learning goals, reach out to us at hello@smartup.io.